WhereIsMyTransport is looking for a capable Data Lead in Bangkok to join our global, remote-first business. This position will be integral to leading our data maintenance activities in Bangkok, to ensure the quality and accuracy of our public transport data products and consumer products. This position, while remote, must be primarily based in Bangkok, as the role may entail occasional field work in the city, as well as require meetings with key local stakeholders and training sessions for local Data Collectors.
Overview of activities & responsibilities
In this position you would:
- Be responsible for adapting and executing a localised transport data maintenance strategy for your city.
- Be responsible for the quality and accuracy of our Bangkok dataset.
- Engage with key local stakeholders within the public transport and mobility industry.
- Manage a small team of temporary Data Collectors: leading training sessions, providing continuous feedback on the quality of data contributed, managing payments, and dealing with daily queries from the field.
- Engage with and build a community of local commuters who help contribute to the dataset through updates on changes to the transport network.
- Check for media updates on the transport network to reflect any changes in our dataset.
- Collaborate with a Data Processor to ensure the data correctly reflects the reality of the public transport network in your city.
- Continuously look for better ways of keeping your city’s dataset up-to-date and accurate, for the benefit of commuters.
- Experience working as a project manager, or have strong experience with project coordination.
- Experience managing a small team.
- A rich understanding of the workings and operations of the local public transport industry and network in your city.
- Strong mastery of written and spoken English.
- Budget management experience.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Familiarity with Google Suite tools, with particularly good understanding of Google Sheets.
Bonus points if you have:
- Data validation / processing experience.
- Familiarity with geo-spatial relationships and orientation tools (Google Maps, Google Earth, ArcGIS, QGIS, etc.), map and image interpretation.
- Familiarity with transport data formats. Ability to interpret and compare data points.